Where do you jack up your Expedition?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this "supposed" test is not just to test the housing. It is to test the axle assembly as a whole. After the test, the parts are removed, inspected many ways in the metrology lab including CMM and other analysis

Absolutely irrelevant.
Where exactly it was focused is irrelevant here.

sometimes, the axle is put on a vehicle and ran through a battery of on the vehicle testing.
Yes, for how long? Lets not pretend this is anything significant either please.

They don't just see if the axle housing is bent and throw it away. These tests cost hundreds of thousands of dollars by the time everything is complete.
By gosh you are full of excuses. :chewie:

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am not responding to this nonsense

I am trying to explain to you how vehicle component testing is done

here is a term for you to look up, maybe you will learn something

DVP&R

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So, my Hayne's manual made no comment about where to use a floor-jack to raise the rear end for a brake change, so I raised it from the rear pumpkin.

Now I checked the owner's manual and it says never to do that.

Seriously? That's the most convenient place to jack up the rear by 1000%. The owner's manual actually suggests to jack up a rear axle side. I'm surprised one rear axle tube is that strong to handle most of the weight of the back half of the truck! Plus, that seems like a safety concern to jack up one side, place a jack-stand, let down and then jack up the other side (with all the tilted weight on one jack-stand) until the other jack stand can be put under the new side.

What's the concern with the rear pumpkin? Would a piece of plywood between the jack and rear pumpkin resolve any concerns about jacking under the rear pumpkin? Or, is the pumpkin so weak that it really shouldn't support the weight of the rear of the truck?

First off the HAYNE'S manual is a POS and not a Ford manual The Ford Owners manual that you are referring to is giving directions about changing a rear tire NOT LIFTING THE WHOLE REAR END. That information was in the ROADSIDE EMERGENCY SECTION.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
First off the HAYNE'S manual is a POS and not a Ford manual The Ford Owners manual that you are referring to is giving directions about changing a rear tire NOT LIFTING THE WHOLE REAR END. That information was in the ROADSIDE EMERGENCY SECTION.

Actually, the section which cautions against jacking the rear diff is different, although included along with safety precautions. It clearly shows a floor jack being used and specifically warns against this by picture. Ford has chosen to specifically depict a floor jack here and not the emergency jack. This was not by accident.

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you really that dumb That you can't understand that the section (ROADSIDE EMERGENCIES) was on dealing with changing a tire

Doesn't matter what jack was used in the picture Ford states not to jack the rear differential. Doesn't take an expert to understand that.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
may i ask how old you dudes are?
im only 19 btw
and you're acting like 8th graders

pretty low

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may be correct that you are ONLY 19 But your acting that you are an EXPERT compared to all of the experience that has been offered to you Maybe its time that you get away from your better than those that know more than you GO back and read what you posted in the past

"I kind of need this info as a crutch due to my inexperience"

Time to remember this and keep your mouth shut and listen to those that know more than you and maybe JUST MAYBE you will learn something.

BUT THEN TO SHOW JUST HOW MUCH BS YOU ARE LOOK TO YOUR PROFILE WHERE IT SHOWS Jan 1, 1982 (Age: 35) NOW SAYING YOUR 19 when your profile says 35 ONE OF THOSE IS A LIE and that about sums you up.

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may be correct that you are ONLY 19 But your acting that you are an EXPERT compared to all of the experience that has been offered to you Maybe its time that you get away from your better than those that know more than you GO back and read what you posted in the past

"I kind of need this info as a crutch due to my inexperience"

Time to remember this and keep your mouth shut and listen to those that know more than you and maybe JUST MAYBE you will learn something.

BUT THEN TO SHOW JUST HOW MUCH BS YOU ARE LOOK TO YOUR PROFILE WHERE IT SHOWS Jan 1, 1982 (Age: 35) NOW SAYING YOUR 19 when your profile says 35 ONE OF THOSE IS A LIE and that about sums you up.

literally don't even read your posts. i do see the wall of text, but you simply must understand why your posts are not even worth reading