Where to mount CB antenna

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
100_0559.jpg

was cheap and universal... biggest problem with antenna on the bumper is gonna be your ground... if you don't have a good ground you will run high SWR and can fry your radio.... I'll text Dgray69 and see if he can log on... he is my CB guru

Ok I guess I'll just go ahead and mount it there. No big deal. Thanks.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was trying to do the bumper mount when I was installing mine but then put on the roll pan and the firstik was the easiest way to go... I only have a 3ft stick and it works nicely...

100_0325.jpg

100_0324.jpg

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im going to mount mine there. either buy the bracket or make mine own if i can find some old metal at my uncles or old auto shop and just fab one up. but im going to do single for now. cause dual is pricey. and 4ft is what im thinking. or just maybe dual 102" whips. look like a rc truck.

Nokturnal

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your expy is coming along nice man. I really like those wheels. If I end up getting some new wheels to fit my 35's a little better I'm gonna go with a style like those.

So when you gonna come down to Bragg and tear up some trails with me :D

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
your expy is coming along nice man. I really like those wheels. If I end up getting some new wheels to fit my 35's a little better I'm gonna go with a style like those.

So when you gonna come down to Bragg and tear up some trails with me :D

Thanks man! Glad you like it, it's a work in progress. I'm getting those 2" spacers installed on the 7th.

I was thinking of going up to uwharrie sometime in the next couple of weeks. You ever been?

aircargoo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no matter where u mount its a pain in the ass to go thru car washes.....

i got a ant. on roof mag, mount....best place to mount according to "cb" forums but they use side mounts often.
most do fabricate the mount for custom fit to certain areas.:waytogo:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i agree the biggest problems is ground. i am running dual 4" up top. if you are worried about fitting in the garage, just put on one of the spring attachments that will allow it to flex and bend without breaking the antenna. that will be your best option instead of taking it off or parking outside.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
can we even fit in the garage. i know the only time my tank is in a garage is at school or when im at the doctors.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
no, i do not fit in the garage. and because of my antennas, i do not fit in drive thru's....but i go anyway! hhahaha

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
drive threws need new paint anyways. and i cant go threw them cause i have yet to fix my window!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65