Which Door Speakers is Everyone Using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had 6.5-in Polk components in front, with a tweeter in the shark fin.

And I had 5x7 Polk coaxials in the rear doors.

toocivil

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed 3-way, 5x7 sony x-plodes in all 4 doors. Much better sound than stock. I also pulled the ****** factory radio and replaced it with a pioneer radio/cd. It has more power and sounds better than stock. Next up is dual exhaust at x-mas. Hope it goes over well with the wife. I haven't told her yet.

pronstar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by OVERKILL
There's so many to choose from that I'm trying to narrow it down.

Any suggestions?

I usually go by price while sticking to top brand names. With an amp, they'll almost always sound pretty good...or good enough for me.

I don't think my ear is trained enough to discern subtle differences, especially when you throw road/wind/exhaust noise into the equation when driving at speed.

tech12volt

Reaction score
Originally posted by pronstar
I usually go by price while sticking to top brand names. With an amp, they'll almost always sound pretty good...or good enough for me.

I don't think my ear is trained enough to discern subtle differences, especially when you throw road/wind/exhaust noise into the equation when driving at speed.

Well I own a car audio sub enclosure comapny and i am a former Iasca judge and competitor. Just to give you my back ground.

I use Boston pro 60s in my 07 limited and they have everything incliding the plates to mount them in your expedition. All models.

If you do not want to spend that much try the sl or sx series.

davesexplorer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Kicker SS 5.25" comps up front, Kicker RS 5.25 comps in back.

started fiberglassing pods for kicker SS 8" midbasses as well up front.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69