which is most popular Expedition or Expedition EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems like there are more Expeditions for sale rather than Expedition EL. I am referring to 17 or 18. Rental companies use both and so do lease companies. It appears there is about 2000 dollars more for a used EL over the regular. New 18 is about 2700 more. I have purchased a Oxford white 17 regular size. Didn't need the extra room but have rented both and feel the EL has a little better ride. Just asking others on their opinions is all.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many more Expeditions sold than Expedition EL. I’d agree the EL rides better, this is due to the longer wheelbase. The regular length is noticeably faster if you mash the go pedal, esp with 3.73s. EL has much better cargo capacity behind the 3rd row. The Expedition is a better performer off road than the Expedition EL.

OP
OP
fordexpylvr

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you guess I didn't think about more Expeditions sold and faster and off road performer!

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems like there are more Expeditions for sale rather than Expedition EL. I am referring to 17 or 18. Rental companies use both and so do lease companies. It appears there is about 2000 dollars more for a used EL over the regular. New 18 is about 2700 more. I have purchased a Oxford white 17 regular size. Didn't need the extra room but have rented both and feel the EL has a little better ride. Just asking others on their opinions is all.
I couldn't even get my wife to consider the EL. The extra length was too much for her in parking lots. We picked up the regular length one since we were coming from a Tahoe. She is used to that size. Performance wise, I can't see a big reason for much of a difference. We like the ride on ours. Pic attached.bec6255dd9b2c87549dd8de796c40931.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
fordexpylvr

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't blame her with parking, I have driven both as rentals and like both but I agree with your wife. You got a beautiful truck there!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d also agree there isn’t a great deal of difference in performance. Just noticeable by the seat of your pants.

WifeyExpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't blame her with parking, I have driven both as rentals and like both but I agree with your wife. You got a beautiful truck there!
Thanks, it's a 2016 2 wheel drive, LIMITED edition. A friend owns a dealership locally so we felt good about the vehicle and what he gave us for our Tahoe. No way did I want to deal with trying to sell our Tahoe privately. Would have made a few more bucks but don't like the hassle factor. Took the Expy on a 2600 mile trip first week of October and got nearly 20 mpg.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
fordexpylvr

fordexpylvr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I took mine on a trip to Colorado last month and didn't record mileage but it didn't give me any problems. I love the 15 thru 17 models. I wanted red but to hard to find and got Oxford white.

getrdone

Reaction score
Just picked up this used 2015 Max limited. Coming from a 2007 bronze regular length expedition. Swapped the rims for 2018 F-150 ones. now just gotta put another set of towing mirrors on and all set.

6DD4761B-1781-4152-A4ED-4D1D0DD8D7FB.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt