WhY Me? Mr. PropShaft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So i crawl under my truck , i bought from someone, the Shaft connected to the transfer case under the driver seat , is missing. so i get a shaft off another expedition 5.4 xlt , just like mine, and it is too short , from what im guessing , from what i read, i need a 38 5/8 prop shaft , 1. is prop shaft the correct name of this shaft 2. why does my truck take this rare shaft - someone told me i have the heavy duty transmission tow package. Please God help.....

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
go download alldata 10.53 from piratebay dude (560gb download)
it will tell you the name of that part :33:

and0r

Full Access Members
Reaction score
before you go out connecting propshafts, remember there is probably a reason as to why it was removed.
the vehicle may be stuck in 4wd at the t-case somehow.
this seems unlikely, but its possible

OP
OP
Josh_unknownissue
Reaction score
appreciate the replies, I purchased this truck for 250.00 from a guy , no engine issues, transmission issues, runs and drives like a beauty , he just wanted it gone , the catch was , it needed a new differential , the rear end broke on me driving it home from Delaware inspection, Horrible grinding roaring noise. After a new rear end as of now....previously there was what appeared to me to be a ford f-250 or f-150 rear end on it , rather large , so I'm assuming being the gear ratio was not the same front to back , the shaft had to be removed so the 4x4 would not get damaged. so.... here i am waiting to purchase this shaft and install it , my issue was , every time i looked up drive shaft , i got the one from the tranny to the differential that would come up in search, I found the two drive shafts that went to the transfer case , but i didnt learn until recently this truck came with two different transmissions. It just seems like every expedition ive crawled under wasn't like the one i have. Im honestly just trying to make the best guesses here until I find the right answers, Thank you guys!