Will I be dissapointed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just so you are aware no matter which year out of those you go with towing capacity is the same. My 2007 5.4L is rated for 9,000 pounds weight distributing. Accelerates and hauls great but squats a bit more than a pickup.

Last edited:

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do the limited versions all have auto level suspension? I looked underneath and didn't see any air lines or bags in the spring gs of the 13. I'm going to look at another 13 limited today, and a 17 ecoboost xlt with 3.73 gears. Prices are close but the xlt only has backup cam and sensors, no other options.
15+ model year doesn't have air suspension at all. It's a mechanically adjusting system as Andy said.

The 3rd-gen has rear air suspension as an option, most of the Limiteds I see in my area have it. If it has air suspension it replaces the coil spring entirely, you won't see a coil at all underneath. Also, the air suspension option requires the 301A option group on the Limited, so if you see a Limited without a sunroof, it doesn't have air suspension either. If you have the VIN you can look it up in Ford ETIS and it will show you all the options it was built with.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
15+ model year doesn't have air suspension at all. It's a mechanically adjusting system as Andy said.

The 3rd-gen has rear air suspension as an option, most of the Limiteds I see in my area have it. If it has air suspension it replaces the coil spring entirely, you won't see a coil at all underneath. Also, the air suspension option requires the 301A option group on the Limited, so if you see a Limited without a sunroof, it doesn't have air suspension either. If you have the VIN you can look it up in Ford ETIS and it will show you all the options it was built with.
Rear air suspension was not an option in 2017. I would have liked to have that. I really liked the full air suspension that I had on my 05.

OP
OP
C

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The two limited models I looked at yesterday and today had moonroofs but standard rear suspension. They were both 13s with 65k miles and were listed at 27500. For 33 I can get a 17 limited certified pre owned with brake controller and 3.73 gears. I'll be keeping this rig for 4-5 years, will that eco be good to me till 100k miles (if I get one with 50)? I don't know if it's worth the extra up front cost, 5k buys a lot of other things.. .

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The two limited models I looked at yesterday and today had moonroofs but standard rear suspension. They were both 13s with 65k miles and were listed at 27500. For 33 I can get a 17 limited certified pre owned with brake controller and 3.73 gears. I'll be keeping this rig for 4-5 years, will that eco be good to me till 100k miles (if I get one with 50)? I don't know if it's worth the extra up front cost, 5k buys a lot of other things.. .

You will be fine either way, no the ecoboost shouldnt give you issues. 200k is the new 100k.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will not have any trouble with the Ecoboost. Ford has sold close to two million of them. The F150 guys have had them for almost 10 years and many have well over 100,000 miles on them.

deweysmith

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you tell me where you saw that 2017 so I can go buy it before you can get your filthy mitts all over it? ;)

Seriously, that's a good deal. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Plati

Reaction score
Do people actually like to have & use a moonroof? They seem like a waste to me. I keep hearing about problems with them and I cant imagine ever using one. Being tall, I cant have one anyway because they take up space required for headroom but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do people actually like to have & use a moonroof? They seem like a waste to me. I keep hearing about problems with them and I cant imagine ever using one. Being tall, I cant have one anyway because they take up space required for headroom but I don't feel like I'm missing anything.
Mine has one I think I opened it twice in the last year. I didn't want the sunroof but it came with the 301A option group so I really had no choice because 301A had all the other stuff I wanted.

Sccritterkiller

Reaction score

Use mine all the time. Especially at night. I also like to tilt it open and open the side glass get air moving thru the cabin...2 boys and a dog.... it's nice to be able to get some fresh air quickly thru the cabin on road trips...lol..disclaimer: I also have Jeep and run no top 6 to 7 months a year...