Window tint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Little Vinnie

Reaction score
I want to order pre-cut window tint for my wifes 05.
What shade is required for the front windows to match the rest?

50% or 35%

Vince

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually it's 20%, and the question is more like WHY would you order precut tint? It's well worth the very few extra dollars to have a shop put it in (perfect installation plus a lifetime garuntee.)

BikeRider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a ticket for my tint being too dark so be careful. He measured the front and it was 11% and just for grins the back window was 16%. I actually got the ticket for not complying with the "reflective" requirements not the darkness.

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
20% is correct. However, to get a perfect match (which probably won't happen) you'll need to go and get it professionaly done. That quote for the front two windows may be true for cali, but you boyz iz gettin ripped! :reddevil: I see your in Baton Rouge, and I am sure its a lot cheaper than that here. When I had a sub contractor doing tint at my place, front two were usually $75 and that was with me gettin 30% of the take.

I personally have the factory 20% rear with another 20% sheet over it, effectively about 5%, and 20% on the front. You can have as dark as you want from the rear door back, and the front window at 20% in Georgia

Louisiana" Window Tint Requirements are as follows: windshield (all vehicles) - tint may not extend more than five inches (5") from the top of the windshield and may not be red or amber in color; front side windows (all vehicles) - must have at least forty (40) percent light transmission; rear side windows (passenger vehicles only) - must have at least twenty-five (25) percent light transmission; rearmost glass (passenger vehicles only) - must have at least twelve (12) percent light transmission
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/tint_la.html
http://www.legis.state.la.us/lss/lss.asp?doc=88294

That last link is the actual LA state law page

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i was going to say the only way to get it right is to take it to a shop i am getting ready to take mine to the shop in a few weeks and i am thinking 20 percent it what matchs all the way around

mustangrfast88

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i just went to my shop and got a price quote and it was 75 for the 2 window and 275 to do the whole truck but i dont know why anybody would ever do that, and i price a remote start at the same time and a total price was 350 out the door