Wireless charging option on 2018 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RhinoQuartz

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you

You're welcome! Don't take my word as gospel, but I have yet to see a mass produced longer range wireless charger.

Now, in terms of having one for the top tray, that depends on how much space is behind the centre console, although not very much is needed. I imagine the easiest way might be to get one a simple pad, splice the power from the lighter port and use double sided tape to secure to the underside of the top tray.

[If possible] I would also add a mechanism to secure the phone, so it doesn't fall (and become a distraction) and so it is correctly placed to charge (in my experience wireless chargers seem to have a fairly finnicky sweet spot for optimal charging) ; maybe have a flat sheet of rubber, same size as the tray, with a cutout for a phone to sit in (this could be done for multiple phones and the extras kept nearby to hand).