Won’t Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I noticed that my USB port in my console stopped working along with my phone buttons on steering wheel and the dash. My IPhone also won’t connect to Sync anymore. I unhooked the battery for 5 minutes to try to reboot but it didn’t work. So called the sync help number in the owner’s manual and she told me I had to take it to the dealership since the phone buttons don’t do anything. Anyone else have this happen? Is there another way I could try a reboot on my 2017 sync 3 model before I have to take it to the dealer? It’s an XLT without navigation.

Last edited:

Mean_Dean

Reaction score
Soft reset, press and hold both the center power button on the volume knob and the skip forward button until the screen goes black, then release and wait for it to reboot.

I had to do this Saturday on my 2017 EL LTD as the wheel buttons were acting weird after upgrading Sync 3 to the latest version 20204. So far so good after the soft reset.

OP
OP
Boostedbus

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Soft reset doesn’t work on mine. It does nothing. I think it’s because mine doesn’t have navigation.

Tonka

Reaction score
My 2013 is doing the same, my usb still works pretty good but everything else is messing up.

HavasuMike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I disconnected the battery to clean the terminals and now my phone doesn't work (2016 xlt) The phone button and voice button do nothing. The radio still works. I talked to sync help and they had me do something like open the door, press the lock, wait, close the door, start the car. It didn't work. I didn't know about the soft reset. I will try that. To be sure, which is the skip forward button and does the engine need to be running or not?

OP
OP
Boostedbus

Boostedbus

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just got it back from the dealership and they put a new APIM in under warranty which fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jefes_Shyt