New pics of painted cladding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I couldn't get the dealer to replace my fadded cladding for free, so I spent $30 on Krylon Fusion spray paint and did it myself. These pics are only after one coat, I'm sure it will look better after I have time to do a second.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,996
OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
here's what it looked like before. I also plan to paint the grill black sometime too.

Attachments

• before.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,694

mtnman64

Reaction score
Looks good! Did you leave the panels on the Expy while painting, or did you remove them? I am considering this myself, and am curious.

Thanks!

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I left them on. I used some blue painters tape that's made for taping onto paint and some plastic to tape off the sides. I did it outside and had some overspray on the hood and roof, but it came right off in a regular wash, and then I waxed it and now there's definitely no sign of it. It doesn't take any prep besides wiping the dirt off, and it dries in 15 minutes.

Shoeman

Reaction score
Excellent job! That looks really good. A huge improvement. On a similar note, anybody have any advice on making the faded trim around the windows on the doors and other areas look any better?

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shoeman
Excellent job! That looks really good. A huge improvement. On a similar note, anybody have any advice on making the faded trim around the windows on the doors and other areas look any better?

Try some Armorall, it works great on all the trim, tires and dash.

Ninja

Reaction score
looks good dude. doesnt krylon chip off though? or did you use that plastic bonding paint?

OP
OP
S

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ninja
looks good dude. doesnt krylon chip off though? or did you use that plastic bonding paint?
The Fusion paint is made for plastic and also says that it's chip resistant. I havn't had any problems with it so far, and the another person on here that did it said he never had problems with it either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
badbolr