Probably asked a million times, anyone do a true dual setup for Expos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know my 03 has IRS and that creates issues but the 99-04 Cobras had IRS and there are all sorts of true dual systems so I don't see why not with the Expo too. Any companies out there make them as well as a true dual H/X pipe? Any header option besides a few brands of shorties I've seen doing searches?

I suppose I could get a good local exhaust shop to fab up something but it would be so much nicer to just bolt on a kit and go.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do you like your spare tire? if not then go ahead and do it. if you do then you cant. or just leave the spare in the garage. youll never need it... until you run over a nail or squirrel. haha but really there is no way to do it unless you want to remove the spare tire or dump it before the rear tire.

boiler71

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We did true duals on our 04 Expy but shop had to use 2.25" pipe after the muffler for clearance sake. It can be done but its a pain in the ass. My shop said that I would have gotten the same benefit with one 3" pipe versus duals. But I will admit, it is nice being different than most of the other Expys out there. Here are our pics:

IMG00059-20100629-1545.jpg

IMG00058-20100629-1545.jpg

IMG00061-20100629-1546.jpg

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah mine is a custom true dual on a first gen.... probably your easiest bet if you can find a good shop

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
but he has a 2nd gen. cant do that to it. unless you do what mr blown did. but he HAS to be different. lightning super charger, dual exhaust, kicker classic, whats next? :rotflmao: but really on that guy from the old forum. hes in hawaii, EVERYONE has a loud exhuast like that. and EVERYONE runs magnaflow there. and EVERYONE has huge tips coming out at 45, some are 90 or straight out, but most are 45. haha

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the right shop can make whatever you want depending on their skill and you $$

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I plan to do true duals once I've got the money to do it, but hell... I've got plans to do lots of things to my truck when I've got the money.

I do like the sound of the true duals with the magnaflows, they sound a lot cleaner than the flowmasters.

Mine is loud at start up but once you go past 2K rpm you can't even hear it

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
03's can do it...04-06's cant unless we drop the spare...i wish i could and i would turn them out behind the wheels...but i'm planning on buying a body kit that will require the exhaust to go straight back

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why is 03 the only 2nd gen that can do it? I mean I was looking under there today and it looked like plenty of room to get a pipe through the same spot on the left as the stock one comes through on the right.

And I know of a great shop near here that would be able to do it provided it is possible and not something that would require a ton of modding.

I also hate having dual turnouts, I just don't like the way it looks. I'd want straight back stainless polished pipes like I have on my Cobra.

edit: Any good longtubes or at least mid length headers for the 03/04 2V motors in this application? Will F-150 headers fit with little/no mods? I'd prefer stainless but aluminized would still be ok as I can get them blasted and ceramic coated inside/out at a local shop. Not cheap but I'd rather do that now than be buying new headers in a few years... been there, done that...