so how many more upgrade options do I have?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got a 99 E.B. 140k and I LOVE IT. but I quickly digress

Here's what I have done so far;

K&N drop in ($20 shipped to my front door)
AirRaid alum. throttle body spacer
BBK under drive pulley kit (got both of those for $100 total)
All synthetic fluids, new plugs, all 8 coil packs, replaced the poop air ride with new shocks and springs.

Here's what is purchased and on the way;

JBA stainless steel headers
K&N cold air intake (the fipk plastic one, not the awesome metal one)
upgraded mass air sensor
Magnaflow cat back system
Superchips programmer/tuner
I was able to work out a deal for all the above items for a cool $500
I've also got the makings for the Gott's mod

now when it comes to my exhaust I plan to remove the cat.'s and have a true dual system with an H pipe utilizing what I can from the cat back system I already have.

the next set of mods comes as soon as I find another great deal on the parts. and those mods are

75mm throttle body
pair of 14'' electric fans (something with some higher CFM's that way I can attach 2 controls, one will kick on at around 190F, and the other something like 210F so I don't overtax the electrical system.)

Which finally leads me to my question:
What other HP/torque/MPG etc. options do I have left to take advantage of?

and before someone mentions it, I'm not interested in a supercharger, it is of no use for an owner like me. but am open to any other suggestions, thank you.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont know much...but i'd say that would just about do it...i guess you could check into upgrading the ignitioin, spark plugs cables, plugs...

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks, it got new motorcrafts, and wires when I bought it. so I won't worry about that for a few miles. I wanted to try E-3 plugs, but with their tendency to throw anything else OTHER than motorcraft plugs I'm a bit leary.

a good idea, I would appriciate any more ideas.

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
just use this!
flex a lite 31165
i got it. just need the time to put in my fans. i got my fans off craiglist for $20 a piece. 2 16s. they will fit on the 1st gens. 2nd and 3rd i think dual 14s only. as for added power new heads. i dont remember where it is. i think tonydiv posted it but i could be wrong. but one of the 1st things i would do is e-fans. best bang for your buck in performance and fuel eco. and is your headers long tube? if not then the short tubes are kind of useless. almost like your stock manifolds. but since you bought them might as well keep them. o and also get bigger injectors. put more fuel into the combustion chamber. but since your adding all this power might as well just get a new top end. those heads... if i can find them or tonydiv repost them i would do.

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just this very minute (9:30p) bought 2 16inch procomp pusher/pullers curved blade 2500cfm per fan. YAY one less piece of the puzzle DONE!!!!!

Single Fan Measurements:
Thickness- 1 1/2" at edge, 3" at center
Height- 16"
Width- 17"
Dual Fans (end to end) Width- 32"

and believe it or not a cam is on my secret wish list, but I'm still not sure if I would have to replace the cam gear too?

OP
OP
D

dj_mindframe_99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes, yes, cam'S plural. I was just so very excited I got those two fans, nd the mounting kit, shipped to me for $50

I really think someone on the sellers' side screwed up, I was looking through the different posts, and there was about 8 of these fan sets listed using the same "stock photo" all of them had a buy it now price of over $300!!!! I thought maybe they came with some sort of fancy dual control......but no.

usually $300, my set was $50 I checked all 8 listings, all 8 had the same wording, shipping, seller, condition. I think the universe saw fit to help out a little bit.

I know, I know, pictures make threads better. but I HATE the cold. LOL

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
good price on those fans. yeah they can be pricey! how are you mounting them? my fans are spal. but got them for $20 a piece pretty much brand new. and get that controler i sent. it works great from what ive read and theres a video on youtube about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZyAOW9XePI

but yes CAMS! the cams are on top of the heads. but what tonydiv posted was the heads came with valves and cams. i think. like everything new. i think. about 6 months ago he posted it. i remember looking at it at the start of winter semester. o and yeah $300 for a pair of fans thats about right. flex a lite is a little cheaper on some sites but for a pair thats right. so $50 delieved not to bad. i think i just got lucky. the guy had 16 fans and saved 2 16s for me. haha