‘24 Platinum Car Wash Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GregTu

Reaction score
It’s a 6 month old Platinum. We just finished a 6,000 mile trip to FL and back. And took it to our favorite brushless car wash and had a small amount of water dripping from the speaker above the drivers head. This was the 3rd or 4th to this car wash with no previous issues. We had no issues with 4-5 other cars washes with brushes in FL.

I’m assuming the brushless wash may have higher pressure sprays that the washes with brushes and might have caused an issue. It will be headed to the dealer in a week or so for this and couple other items that came up on our trip.

Has anyone had a similar problem or suggestions on what might be the problem/fix?

Thanks,
Greg

LG_123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have this issue when it rains but only if the car is pointed downhill while it’s raining. There seems to be a way for water to get in through the sunroof if it rolls from the back towards the front of the car. I haven’t investigated further to figure out if it can be fixed.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Several possible causes, the drain tubes could be clogged or disconnected, could have kinks in them (I believe a few folks on here have had that issue from the factory). Not an easy fix as it may require complete removal of the headliner. But if you're under warranty then just have them deal with it, and as soon as you get it back 4 weeks later (just kidding but every shop seems to be way backed up, too many cars with issues and not enough techs), take it right back to that car wash and try it out. Maybe even twice in a row for good measure. This is the third pano roof vehicle I've had and for sure the most prone to issues. Make sure you have them check alignment and seals as well.