00 overheating..stumped:(

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kristianna

Reaction score
So I have a 2000 Expedition with 144k on it and I keep overheating.
I have replaced the folowing:
Thermostat
Water pump
Fan clutch
Tensioner pulley
I have done a complete flush and independently done a flush on just the heater core.

It is a intermediate problem. I drove for two hours yesterday stop and go with no problem. Today I drive home after the car is completely cooled for about 10 minutes and it begans to overheat.
Me and my father are stumped as what could be going on.
The oil is fine, not cloudy and no visible leaks.
Any help would be much appreciated. This car is in wonderful condition otherwise.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it puking coolant out of the surge tank or just running hot? Have you checked for bubbles in the surge tank?

OP
OP
K

Kristianna

Reaction score
I have not allowed it to completely over heat after the water pump water pump was replaced but before it completely overheat with coolant spewing from the tank.

I have bleed the system. I did however pull the t-stat the other day and air bubbles out but then I bleed the system again till only coolant ran.

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the coolant full of rust before flushing it? If you have a temperature gun take a reading of the upper and lower radiator hoses.

rvm1

Reaction score
Similar overheating happened to my 04 Expedition. Eventually found rust in the radiator and had to replace it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1