01 5.4 iac stripped bolts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fantacmet

Reaction score
As stated. Strupped bolts. NOT easy to get to so vice grips are out of the question. Unable to remove throttle body because the overhang of the ciwl or3vents boots from being removed. Any ideas?

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wiper assembly and cowl comes off I think. I have a 2000 sitting out here but forget.
Going to have to pull the throttle body or whole intake to get to them to drill and easy out.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sometimes you can bang a smaller socket on the stripped head and get it that way. I find the cheaper sockets do better with this. If it doesn't work you can try a file on the flat sides of the stripped head and try again.

OP
OP
F

fantacmet

Reaction score
Issue is space otherwise vice grips would work. No room to hammer. It is the part of the cowling that can't be removed. Maybe I can pull 3 out of 4 and rotate the TB out of the way.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can try undoing the motor mount and move the engine. It might be the little bit of space you need to get at it.