03 5.4 4x4 - "High Temp Low Oil" light related to no crank?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eric M

Reaction score
After I redid the heads on this vehicle, it ran very well for about 400 miles. Then it developed the intermittent stalling-while-driving problem. Then it stalled when idling. Now it won’t crank when the key is turned.
Something I should mention is that after the rebuild, the only issues were:
  • No signal from the oil pressure switch, which may or may not be associated with the “high temp low oil” light being constanly illuminated; Which also means oil pressure gauge non-responsive
  • No signal from power steering pressure sensor
  • A/C clutch not engaging
  • All of these worked perfectly well before the rebuild
Here is my question: Strangely, the “high temp low oil” light won’t go away, even if the battery is disconnected for weeks at a time and even after the PCM is reset. Could there be some mechanism that has been tripped and is preventing me from starting the engine because it thinks that there is no oil in the vehicle? I checked oil pressure with a gauge after the rebuild and it was fine.
I have searched for damaged wires and have found nothing. Maybe I just haven’t looked hard enough....
Thanks!

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may have a wire broken inside of the rubber sheath. Look especially where wire is in a tight loop, angle or at sensor connection. May all be related to same.

OP
OP
E

Eric M

Reaction score
You may have a wire broken inside of the rubber sheath. Look especially where wire is in a tight loop, angle or at sensor connection. May all be related to same.
Thanks. I think I will give all the wiring one more close look before towing this thing to the mechanic.

RideSlow

Reaction score
Give the fuse box on the kicker passenger side some love taps. Take the covers off before doing it. That’s where the relays are for the PCM, Starter, AC etc. hit it a few times it should start. If you take it to a shop to do they will charge well over $1000 to 1 find which wire is loose 2 to do the job because they will either need just the 1 wire or try to do all. Good luck

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire