03 EB drivers window issues...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evolocomotive

Reaction score
I have a dilemma, I have installed a new window mtr drivers side in my 03 EB. When I put power to it, the motor spins constantly and I'm at whit's end trying to figure out what is going on. The door switch works fine. Can anyone give me a head's up of what could possibly be wrong.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DetroitDarin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
did you check the cabling and winding mechanism? I just replaced the entire regulator - including swapping the motors out.

mwhyes

Reaction score
if the motor and switch is functioning, there is likely an issue with the cabling and winding device. It is all string driven, so if the wire is off the pullys, or the winding mechanism is not wrapped correctly, it will not pull. I just had this issue with my rear passenger door, and I just bought an entire new mechanism from amazon, (Dorman ~$90, Amazon.com: Dorman 740-171 Ford/Lincoln Rear Passenger Side Power Window Regulator: Automotive).

PM if you need help installing, JUST did it. Few little tricks to it, but a solid 3/10 in difficulty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65