03 Epxy Front end shake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ok For the life of me I cant figure out whats causing this shake which doesn't happen all the time.
While I'm driving at 55-60 it starts to shake at about 65-70 its shaking to a point i need to pull over. I had my wheels checked lugs as well they are balanced and tight... Now this doesn't happen all the time so what in the world could it be? HELLLLLLLLLP :emotions122:

metaldrgn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Possible ball joint (suspension/steering) with a lot of play which could be dangerous. The rack and pinion could also have play in it. Sounds similar to the jeep death wobble. Look it up.

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Possible ball joint (suspension/steering) with a lot of play which could be dangerous. The rack and pinion could also have play in it. Sounds similar to the jeep death wobble. Look it up.

will take a look more closer thank u

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah how many miles are on it? The inner tie rods wear out at about 75K miles and need to be replaced. The lower ball joints go out at about 100K miles. If your ball joint dust boots are cracked up or gone you need to replace the ball joints. I good alignment shop should be able to find all this.

-Mike

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah how many miles are on it? The inner tie rods wear out at about 75K miles and need to be replaced. The lower ball joints go out at about 100K miles. If your ball joint dust boots are cracked up or gone you need to replace the ball joints. I good alignment shop should be able to find all this.

-Mike

180k will look at it this weekend coming thanks

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
Is your truck lowered? Lowered trucks (just like lifted ones) put more wear on the suspension pieces. I'd have someone check over each and every joint, link and bushing. I'd also add wheel bearings to that list.

OP
OP
DFendersExpy

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is your truck lowered? Lowered trucks (just like lifted ones) put more wear on the suspension pieces. I'd have someone check over each and every joint, link and bushing. I'd also add wheel bearings to that list.

No its not lowered or lifted .... will be checking it over again..