03 Exp R303 replaced what now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

64dodge

Reaction score
Its a 03 Exp XLT 2wd with 4.6l 180k miles. Bought it 7 or 8 years ago and have not had
much trouble so far.

My wife drove it to the grocery store last week, pulled up at home and would not start
a couple days later. Done some testing and it started with starting fluid so start checking
fuel system electrics because I couldnt hear fuel pump running.

Read many threads and seen videos on here about checking. Checked fuse 34 & relay 203.
Jumpered from +battery to green/yellow wire on 270k? plug and pump came on and exp started up.

From what I had read r303 could be the culprit so I pulled fuse panel and disasimbled to find
r303 burnt up. Ordered omron g8qn relay. Took the burnt one out soldered new in put all
back together after checking all fuses and relays.

After reinstalling pump still isnt running. I couldnt hear or feel relay energizing. Took it back apart
rechecked r303 jumpering straight from battery and it kicks on and contacts are making.
Reinstalled again same results. Its jumped from red wire on 270a to g/y wire so my wife can
drive for now.

Could it be the pcm bad too?

Thanks
Tim