03 expedition radio to oem navigation swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xpmike

Reaction score
hello all, I have an '03 expedition eddie bauer with a stock radio and I just recently bought the oem navigation system (before reading the forums), now it seems like a made a huge mistake. My question is if it is at all possible to install it onto my car? what parts will I need to buy? and can anyone program it near the miami area?

kawi_200

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't been on long or had my Expy long but I do know the navi is CD-ROM based and without the discs you won't be able to use the nav portion. You'll have to source those somehwere. Also, I'm assuming there is going to be an antenna or something somewhere for the navi to talk to satalites. I'm not sure how that works but it's something to look for.

The junk yard navi would probably have all the parts needed to make it work, just follow wire to harnesses and make sure to try and find the antenna if there is one.

MoHawk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the stock Navi in my truck and I LOATHE it! Biggest ************* I have ever attempted to use. I say attempted because I failed miserably. It's much easier to use the navi on my phone, or mapquest, or smoke signals, or even a homing pigeon.

rexster314

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd highly suggest that you forget about the factory NAV and go for an aftermarket unit. And if you want to keep steering wheel controls, it's a simple additional module you'll need. And the maps will be updated not 9 years old even if you get the cd maps with the factory nav