05 expedition xlt just dies

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black05Expy

Reaction score
So I started my truck to go home yesterday it ran long enough for me to roll down windows and open moon roof then died. I tried to restart it and all it did was turn over but didnt fire. So I immediately thought fuel pump went bad. I shut the radio off to see if I could hear the fuel pump kick on. Fuel pump is'nt working but now windows wont roll back up, moon roof wont close, and radio wont turn on. Everything else works. Power locks work,lights all interior and dash lights work, ect. ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's your battery voltage? Have you tried jumping it?

Also, check the fuses corresponding items not working to see if they are fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Black05Expy

Reaction score
All fuses are fine, havent tried jumping it. Its a new optima that I just put in earlier this year and it cranks over just fine, just wont start. But I just checked volt gauge and it appears normal until I try to turn it over then it drops way down. I will try jumping it but if this doesnt work could it possibly be something with the alarm? Would make sense why windows,moon roof, radio, and fuel pump wouldnt be working.

Last edited:

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have an aftermarket alarm on it? Or are you talking about the fatcory PATs system? The windows should still roll up in the ACC key position. Do your window switches light up when in the ON or ACC position? In case you didn't know the window and lock switches are lit up all the time the truck is on. The driver switch lights up all the time, the rest light up as long as the driver lockout is not engaged.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Black05Expy

Reaction score
No aftermarket its all factory. I dont believe that the switches were lit up. But it was also day time out let me check and I will give an update.

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this would fix the no start condition, but it would see as if you acc delayed relay(R02) is bad? Try swapping it with relay 4 or 5. See page 251, 257 and 258 in your manual.