'05 running like crap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 05 is falling on it's face at low speeds. Running poorly, no power (Less than the usual no power) We have it at the dealer. The service monkey's are doing the part replacement shuffle trying to figure out what it is. First the throttle pos sensor, now the throttle body. Anyone have this problem yet?

Thanks!

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have they reflashed the PCM?

Early 3V 5.4L needed a reflash for poor throttle response. Maybe the sam eis holding true for "early" Expys with the 3V 5.4L as it was for early F150s.

I haven't heard of this problem in the Expys...till now. :)

OP
OP
D

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They called and said it was mis firing on #3. Now they are saying its the Transmission. They said it was shifting 1,2,3,4 immediately. Sounds like they don't have a clue. Comforting.

Why does this always happen to my vehicles when I bring them to dealer service?

I will look for TSB on reflash.

Thanks!

OP
OP
D

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
'TWAS A BROKEN CHECK BALL IN THE VALVE BODY OF THE TRANSMISSION.

WE WILL SEE HOW SHE RUNS NOW.

OP
OP
D

DAMN_FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
9K miles.

It sounds like a freak deal. Defective check ball. You wouldn't expect that part to fail unless it was cracked during fabrication.

I must say other than this, this truck has behaved so far. We had far more problems with the '03. My only complaint is that I wish it had more romp. It's better than the 2V, but still not enough. I thinking of a cat back now.

stang99x

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know there was a TSB on the F150 for those problems. Sucks with that issue though, its a tough one to figure out. If your gonna go with an exhaust, don't do it the crappy way. Build yourself a good exhaust. It might cost a little more, but you'll be alot happier in the long run.

http://navigatorfourms.7.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=4

There is a picture of part of my system there. Its a true dual 3 inch with flowmasters