07 Expy EL - Anyone replaced the power steering pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Funstuie

Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to replace the power steering pump. It's just annoyingly loud now and I can't stand the whine. Local shops are wanting to charge me $250/300 for labor (one of them said I should just do it myself).

So has anyone changed the pump themselves? Did anyone get any instructions?

Thanks

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi All,

I need to replace the power steering pump. It's just annoyingly loud now and I can't stand the whine. Local shops are wanting to charge me $250/300 for labor (one of them said I should just do it myself).

So has anyone changed the pump themselves? Did anyone get any instructions?

Thanks

Loud PS usually means the fluid

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Once your pump starts making noise its replacement time. All it takes is a leaky hose or seal to wipe out a PS pump. Changing it isn't rocket science, you need to remove serpentine belt, remove your hoses with flare nut wrench, drain fluid in pan, few bolts, then reverse for install. Toughest part is if your back or body can take the two hours. Beer helps!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Fluid has been changed. Noise subsided for a while but it's back and louder now.

Sounds like a leak

Once your pump starts making noise its replacement time. All it takes is a leaky hose or seal to wipe out a PS pump. Changing it isn't rocket science, you need to remove serpentine belt, remove your hoses with flare nut wrench, drain fluid in pan, few bolts, then reverse for install. Toughest part is if your back or body can take the two hours. Beer helps!

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Not necessarily... i got a bimmer with a leak that'll get jerky and noisy when fluid gets low, but immediately recovers when topped up