100k tuneup time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blkmonday

Reaction score
I have a 2014 limited v8. Just turned 100k miles. Preparing for full tune up. What are the best plugs? Was thinking Accel ignition coils while I'm in there. I have a KandN air filter already. What else should I be looking at? Radiator flush? Trans fluid flush?

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skip the coils they aren’t a wear item and just fail, old oem is more reliable than A/M. Best thing to do is buy one spare Ford cop and keep it on the truck. MotorCraft plugs are the way to go but NGK are good too. Avoid champion imo, they used to be decent but I’ve had issues with them in the boat and lawn mower.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chuck the k&n in the garbage, you should have done Mtrcrft plugs and flushes long ago, coils are fine, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Plati

Reaction score
2014EL 5.4. I did plugs at 75K, Motorcraft. Will do again at 150K. Agree with ^^ on COPS. Defund the COPS (just a joke, sorry). Also did snake belt and coolant at 100K. Will do front & rear diff, transfer case, and tranny fluids as soon as I start doing long distance drives again (now @102K). Nice to do a lot of the scheduled maint at 75% just for overkill and peace of mind.

Happy 4th of July - Expy Owners!.
SBUX2968.JPG

Darn Tough socks made in USA, chicks dig em!

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1 on skipping the COPs and Motorcraft plugs. I've never used NGK plugs on my trucks, but I'm with that suggestion also if you prefer as they make fantastic plugs (have used them in all of my wife's cars). Do the trans and coolant for sure.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
You already exceeded maintenance requirements on this vehicle. The fact you 'have to ask what to do' is a clue. I would trade it in.

Plati

Reaction score
You already exceeded maintenance requirements on this vehicle. The fact you 'have to ask what to do' is a clue. I would trade it in.
You OK? Worried about you.

smith627

Reaction score
Only replaced one plug and coil pack out of the original eight when I got a misfire code. Still running great after 16 years and 268,000 miles.

OP
OP
blkmonday

blkmonday

Reaction score
I asked a simple question.....not sure what you even mean by your reply.