$1100 tail light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Networkit

Reaction score
I was backing up in my driveway, was dumb and slightly tapped a brick wall and caught corner of light assembly. It shattered. $560 for replacement for our ‘18 Limited. I installed myself -
10 min. Outrageous $$

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did the owner of the $85,000.00 CTS-V receive a check from the insurance company for $85,000.00 - since the vehicle was declared a total loss?
I suppose he would have if he had replacement coverage on his insurance policy (of course depends on the wording of the replacement rider in the policy). If he didn't he would get whatever the vehicle was worth at the time of the accident, regardless of what you owe on the vehicle.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Actually, those PDR guys can work miracles with a hetar gun on plastic bumpers. Flat out amazing if you get the right technician.

Cool, I didn't know they could work with plastic. Most I've seen have trouble with aluminum. Guess it takes finding the right guy like you say.

Rossue

Reaction score
Wife opened tailgate inside garage just minutes before I was going to set a lower opening height and put a small indent near the license plate with no scratch. $150 later it was perfect. The dentless guy says aluminum can be more difficult as it has more "memory".

2018ExpyPlatinum

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the guys settlement. I was merely making a comment on how, why insurance companies total and price of parts. Thought it was odd to total a $85k car with $20k in damage......just saying.

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know anything about the guys settlement. I was merely making a comment on how, why insurance companies total and price of parts. Thought it was odd to total a $85k car with $20k in damage......just saying.
I agree...that being said, this is why I always have replacement value on my vehicles until such time as the age of the vehicle outweighs the yearly rider cost (typically after year 5).

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone cracked my right tail light cover. It looks like you can buy one online for less than $300 without the LED's. Anybody tried it as DIY?

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just had my driver's side tail light replaced yesterday. Not sure how it happened, but, noticed the crack/rub marks after a wash of a winter's NE pickling last month. It still works fine and might even let the water/condensation out a little quicker with extra venting! Anyway, I have it in the box the replacement came in if anyone wants it/needs it - free if local/SE PA or just cover shipping. I see a cracked one on ebay that is $120! I'd think someone that wanted to spend the time might be able to rehab it to where it'd be acceptable in a pinch. Let me know if interested or I'll just make it a lesson for my kids to rip it apart and issue a report back to us as to why it would be so expensive...