>120

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Offwego

Reaction score
upload_2019-6-17_11-13-21.jpeg

Can anyone tell me what the orange display ">120" above D indicates? Is there a problem? I have a 2017 Expedition XLT, 3.5 Ecoboost. Comes on at speeds above 60 MPH and around 2000 RPM. I had taken the vehicle to a Ford dealer to have them program a factory brake control I had installed. They could not program it and in the process updated my software, still could not program the new control. This >120 started coming on after the update.

upload_2019-6-17_11-12-18.jpeg

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you have them do anything else? When I had my second key cut (I bought used that only came with one key) I started seeing that.

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know that 120kph is one of the 4 top speed limits that can be configured via MyKey settings.
The 4 speeds being 105, 115, 120, and 128kph, or roughly 65, 70, 75, or 80MPH respectively.
Do you hear a chime when you approach highway speeds?

This could be the indicator that 120kph is set, or merely a coincidence.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 30576

Can anyone tell me what the orange display ">120" above D indicates? Is there a problem? I have a 2017 Expedition XLT, 3.5 Ecoboost. Comes on at speeds above 60 MPH and around 2000 RPM. I had taken the vehicle to a Ford dealer to have them program a factory brake control I had installed. They could not program it and in the process updated my software, still could not program the new control. This >120 started coming on after the update.

View attachment 30575
Does it go higher than 120 on trans oil temp while driving? If not, you need to go back and figure out why? Normal range for these is 190s

OP
OP
O

Offwego

Reaction score
Thank you guys for replying so quickly. Langer and Flexpeditions replies made me think a different direction than I had. Just took it for a drive and 74.5 MPH (120 KPH) seems to be the number that the >120 comes on. Crossed the speed 5-6 times to make sure. I had the same problem as Langer, bought the vehicle and it only had the one key. I did play with the My Key function back then but have not used it since. Cleared all My Keys prior to taking the drive today but >120 still showed up. I wonder if it happens on all vehicles? Also thanks to 16plati. Trans temp was one of the first things I looked at, I have since added the transmission cooler coil. My Expi did not come with one.

Question for 16plati. I also installed the JLT catch can. I was amazed at how much I was getting out of it. seemed to be filling the can at about 300 miles in cool weather, has slowed now. How much are you catching?

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m fairly sure it still doesn’t with my original keys, just the new ones. I’ll check to confirm next time I’m going out.

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I caught a lot at first with the JLT catch can, so much that I was emptying every week and I only work 3 miles from home. I took it on a 3000+ mile road trip recently and it wasn’t even half full. Probably more to do with my heavy foot going to work vs. low rpm highway mileage for the big difference. I hadn’t thought of the seasons causing the difference, I’ll still keep checking pretty frequently until I notice more of a pattern.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thank you guys for replying so quickly. Langer and Flexpeditions replies made me think a different direction than I had. Just took it for a drive and 74.5 MPH (120 KPH) seems to be the number that the >120 comes on. Crossed the speed 5-6 times to make sure. I had the same problem as Langer, bought the vehicle and it only had the one key. I did play with the My Key function back then but have not used it since. Cleared all My Keys prior to taking the drive today but >120 still showed up. I wonder if it happens on all vehicles? Also thanks to 16plati. Trans temp was one of the first things I looked at, I have since added the transmission cooler coil. My Expi did not come with one.

Question for 16plati. I also installed the JLT catch can. I was amazed at how much I was getting out of it. seemed to be filling the can at about 300 miles in cool weather, has slowed now. How much are you catching?
I love the catch can, I catch about 2oz every 2000 miles or so. On average I empty it twice between 5000-7500 mile oil changes. All depends on how hard it’s driven. Long trips it’s definitely catching a ton of gunk. Cold weather i definitely see it filled more frequently. I try not to let it get over 2 oz so it’s not sloshing around it there. One other question for you:

When you reach 74.5mph, can you mash the pedal and go faster? If you can, it’s not related to speed. There is a setting they can put on there for top speed limiter but once you reach that speed you can mash the pedal and go nowhere.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score

From tonight, about 2000 miles maybe. Solid 2oz sorry to sidetrack. Back on track nkw

F990EF7C-C10C-4003-B3AB-492AD0A002E5.jpeg 296B039E-C76A-4C8D-B192-7C8412662C38.jpeg