1999 over head compass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want to add the compass, clock on the overhead.. Mine doesnt have one but I know the wiring is there to plug into.

Idk has anyone done this or knows how to wire it in?

spadesluck

Reaction score
I put one on my 97. I got the overhead console and auto dimming rearview mirror out of a 2000 EB. Mine did not have all the wiring but to get the compass and mirror to work all you need to do is get 12v to power it all up assuming you have the parts. The compass is a little black box that goes in front of the mirror. It helps to have the wiring diagram of it all.

OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn Walnuts you are so freaking huge.. :eek: !! lol Your rig is looking sweat! You know I have yet to have seen a lifted Expedition in person yet, hell since 1997. I like the rarity of it though.

Spadesluck thanks for the input. I was thinking the brains of it all might be located in the unit its self but wasnt sure. I have a pick and pull junk yard right around the corner. Best part I can go in and tair things apart there before doing mine...yes I know I just probably broke the part something some other Expedition enthusiast may have needed...
I have the plugs empty pre ran to the location in the over head and it match the ones in the yard. I even have the hook up for the auto pop out rear windows. That I want too! But no power supplied in them. I wonder if just missing the fuse and not the hook up tabs in the fuse box ran. But if I cant track it down would you mind sharing what color wires you used on the unit? Might save me some time not having to troubleshoot it myself...That would be great!

Also I noticed the parts you mention but there was a another single black wire on the one I took a part that ran to the passenger side top windshield corner to another little black box...I was thinking a thermometer but Im not even sure the unit even displays temperature.

Thanks for the help guys!

spadesluck

Reaction score
The thermometer runs to the front of the truck under the hood. The compass brains are on the windshield in front of the rearview mirror. It will all come out together, compass and mirror. The wiring for the overhead console goes from the console all the way to the back of the truck then back to the front. I can get you the colors no problem. Just let me know.

Of coarse each year could be a little different. I pulled my stuff from a 2000 EB.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Blackwater

Blackwater

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hell yah! Hook me up on the wire colors!!

One thing about you saying the wires running back and forth..

Does the display and censers have a wiring harness of its own that runns with the stock hardness that will need to be removed from the donor then I splice that harness into mine??

Give me a run down of how to do it if you dont mind? This might even be good to get them to sticky this in the how to section

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev