2 Issues & A Question (Vent Motors, Seat Memory & Entertainment System)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeremy W

Reaction score
Vent Motor Issue - When I adjust the fan or the temp the motors in the vents are struggling. Anyone replaced them? How many of them are there? Seems like I hear at least 2 different ones.

Seat Memory Issue - Had to take the drivers seat out because it would only go so far back after something snapped when I moved it all the way forward. Took a bit to figure out, but the bearings on the left rail of the drivers seat snapped the plastic guide in 3 pieces. I got everything back together, sans 3 of the 4 bearings on the left side. Greased the rail up good and it works. Only problem now is that the auto adjust when I take the key out and insert it has stopped working. I tried doing the reset function and no dice. Any ideas?

Entertainment System - I have the old entertainment system and was curious what video quality is coming out of the screen. Several RCA to HDMI adapters out there say video quality has to be at least 480i. I'm trying to hook my iPad up to it and send the audio and video through the entertainment system for the kids. That dual play option is NICE!

Edit: Here's the HDMI to RCA converter I'm looking at. https://www.amazon.com/RadioShack-1...=1-64-spons&refinements=p_36:1253504011&psc=1

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jeremy W

Reaction score
I'll reply to myself since it's been a while...

Seat memory issue was fixed by disconnecting the battery.

Entertainment system isn't an issue anymore since the kids really don't care and use the tablet with their bluetooth headphones.

I figured out the vent issues, it's the blend motor actuator. I haven't had a chance to get to the fix, but I know what it is when it finally goes out.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There are 2 mode door actuators - one at each side of the instrument panel. There are also 2 temperature blend door actuators - one behind the stereo and the other behind the heater core. When the one behind the heater core goes, set the truck on fire. No j/k ... kind of. :p