2000 cruise control problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpreece

Reaction score
The cruise control on my 2000 has quit working, when you push the set button the light on the dash will flash on then off and will not engage? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you checked all the fuses for the speed control?
You may think that this doesn't sound correct but It could be the Brake Position Switch.
The BPS is a two circuit switch one is for the stop lights and the other is for the speed control. So if your brake lights are working don't think that the switch isn't the problem

Also cound be the Brake pressure switch.

OP
OP
M

mpreece

Reaction score
Have you checked all the fuses for the speed control?
You may think that this doesn't sound correct but It could be the Brake Position Switch.
The BPS is a two circuit switch one is for the stop lights and the other is for the speed control. So if your brake lights are working don't think that the switch isn't the problem

Also cound be the Brake pressure switch.

Thanks I will check the switch some time this week.

OP
OP
M

mpreece

Reaction score
Can you read and understand wiring diagrams?
Do you have a volt/ohm meter?

Yes I can read diagrams and I do have a meter. I'm 50 years old , owned several race cars and my own trucking company back in the 80's I'm not being a smart??? just giving you some background info on me. I havent had this problem before on any of my vehicles. Any help is appreciated.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have attached wiring diagrams for the speed control circuit

Attachments

• 31-01.gif
    31-01.gif
    15.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 31-02.gif
    31-02.gif
    19.1 KB · Views: 21
  • 31-03.gif
    31-03.gif
    9.3 KB · Views: 23

jpeltzel

Reaction score
Mine was doing that same thing, it was the pressure switch on the master cylinder.
you might be able to disconnect it temporally for a quick test to see if it works disconnected.