2001 Eddie Bauer Rust

Discussion in 'How To Section' started by cobalt46, May 7, 2018.

1. cobalt46

cobalt46 Member

I have a 2001 fully loaded green expy. It has everything and I don't want to give it up. It runs great. But there is a problem: On a quiet night you can hear stuff underneath rust. What to do? I have first been brushing off loose rust then spraying it with Rusty Metal Primer. After 1.5 hours as said on the can I then apply a coat of enamel paint. After it dries i cover it with clearcoat. Is there a better way to do this and if so, how. The left rokker panel is already gone and I need to treat the rusty rear control arms. I need to stop this beautiful beast from rusting away. Any advice would be appreciate. Thanks

2. MrSticker

MrSticker Full Access Members

Since you're in Indiana ... you might be hearing the corn grow! Let the Expy go, start getting ready to move on. Your Expy is like Marie Osmond, no amount of plastic surgery is going to fix the situation. Sorry Marie.

3. johnboneske

johnboneske Full Access Members

Don't laugh...but being from Wisconsin originally... In the dead of summer on a hot day around 85 to 90 with a fairly high humidity, you CAN hear corn grow!

4. Eric08

Eric08 Member

I’m going through the same thing at the moment. I went to Walmart and got a cheap drill and wire wheel, spent a lot of time taking the rust off the bottom and after all metal places were metal again and not surface rust I painted back over it with rustolem primer and then rustolem black paint