2006 Eddie Bauer paint codes & a few things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lynne

Reaction score
I just picked up a 2006 to replace my now donor 2004. First I need to verify the paint codes. To make sure that I have the right ones before I order touch up paint. The poor thing looks like it was probably sandblasted. It's originally from utah so i'm assuming that it was.
So I need to verify that the exterior plastic trim pieces are G3 Pueblo gold and paint is Dark Stone metallic.( I don't have a code number for that.) Please don't tell me to look at the sticker in the door frame, . Because it's not there or I would have.
I have a couple other things going on. The center display on the Ford radio is dark. Does anybody have a fix for that one. washers are not working. We've replaced the washer motor and have checked the fuse, any ideas.
The driver's seat back will not adjust/move.
And the biggest one is we've replaced a coil. I think it was the number 7 or 8, and we're still having hiccups. Like it's getting too much gas. I take my foot off the pedal and let her digest What's in there and then we go. I did buy spark plugs for it. my son has been too busy with his shop to be able to get them changed out. Would that be my next route to go to Replace the plugs? . On a good note when we started this. It was getting 8.8 miles per gallon. And now we're up to a whopping 14.9. your chuckle for the day, Upon pulling the original fuel filter we found that it was put in backwards from the factory.

OP
OP
L

Lynne

Reaction score
I guess it would help to show it to you. I did post a picture in the welcome section. I'm not good with computers so I hope i'm doing this right.Screenshot_20230812_163233_Facebook.jpg20231105_151311.jpg

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm no help on the paint codes.

On a used vehicle this old I'd replace the spark plugs for sure. I'd also change all the fluids front to back. Verify the coolant hose and vacuum hoses are in good shape. First I'd scan it for any codes, DTC's. I'd also look for a vacuum leak.

For the windshield washer fluid. Check for power at the washer pump connector, if that fails it might be the multi-function switch that's failed. You can run straight 12v power from the battery directly to the pump and to verify operation as well. Make sure the pump runs when engaged, make sure it sprays washer fluid from the pump. Then verify the hose and finally the washer jets. Not much else to it.

Try increasing the brightness for the dash lighting to see if the radio display lights up. I'm not sure beyond that other than to open the radio and potentially replace the display which would be far more work than it's worth. Maybe swap the radio from the 2004 into the 2006.

My drivers seat would not move forward/backwards. The motor was trying, it was just stuck. I found the cables that run from the motor to the tracks are flexible and can be easily curved. I pulled them out and verified the motor would run forward/backward just fine. I then sprayed a bit of lithium grease into the gears and tracks. Followed by putting the flex cable into my cordless drill and carefully turned it back and forth while pushing on the seat until it finally moved. I had to push hard to get it unstuck. But be careful not to twist the the cable by turning the drill to hard. Come to think of it another option might be to simply swap the seat base from your 2004 to the 2006, there's a good chance they are the same.

OP
OP
L

Lynne

Reaction score
Thank you. In regards to the seat, it's not the forward and back motor it's the hand lever., That you lift so that the back of the seat will tilt back.
I need to replace the bottom seat cover so maybe when I have the seat a part,. I can check that out and see what's going on.
I will try your ideas on the washer, Thank you.
The only code that it threw was for the coil that we replaced. No check engine light.
Yes, all fluids changed. air filter , fuel filter, oil filter. Change battery out from my 04, It only had six months on it.

whtbronco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This video may help you with the lower seat cover replacement. I installed the driver seat lower foam from TheSeatShop and it's been wonderful so something to consider if you're foam is not in great shape. The wire grid had cut finally into the original foam and was not comfortable. The replacement foam is is reinforced on the bottom to help prevent the same scenario.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire