2001 frame replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

My 2001 expedition will be going in for a frame replacment in 3 weeks due to an accident. they tell me its done all the time and it will be fine. i doubt very seriously it will ever ride the same and will probably squeek and have other problems after as i bet half the stuff wont be put on right afterwards.

anyone ever had this done and what were the problems afterwards? my insurance company would not total the vehicle with 13k damage.

thanks

OP
OP
G

I wouldn't be worring too much. As long as the body shop knows what they're doing it won't change a thing.

I wrecked my wife's "95 Explorer Limited back in '98 and they had to replace the frame. As a matter of fact, you couldn't tell it had been wrecked from a distance (no body damage) and it still was lot driveable. They put a frame under in it in about two weeks and we've been driving it ever since. No rattles, no problems what so ever. She put nearly 70K miles before she wrecked it and dislocated everything from the radiator foward. (I did fix it again though with junkyard parts)

Again, it all depends on the body shop. And the insurance company usually guarentees the work for the lifetime of the car.