VCT Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FusionSP

Reaction score
I'm getting a P0012 error and after replacing the crank sensor and both cam sensors, I think my problem is the VCT.

Can I remove the VCT on the passenger sidf w/o removing the valve covers? I've watched videos of ppl removing but not on a '07. I read somewhere that Ford changed the design of the valve covers in '07 and you can't remove the VCT. It looks like it will come out but I can't get to the T-27 screw.

Thanks

KOTU

Reaction score
I concur with JExpeditio07. Your valve covers will need to be removed. This will also allow you to examine the roller/followers, camshafts, and lash adjusters, etc. Clean the areas where the gaskets meet metal and use new gaskets including the rubber VCT grommets. Apply RTV silicone to the spot where the valve covers and timing covers meet. The new VCTs might come with new grommets, if not they are the round-style. Be mindful about putting the valve cover back on. The bolts need to be re-installed and torqued in the correct pattern. There are many websites that show this pattern and torque settings.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65