2002 blower fan internmittant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hertfordnc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Most of the time the front blower does not come on at all. But occasionally it will work perfectly, going smoothly through four positions.

Which is the more likly culprit, the fan or the switch?

thanks

B

bedrck46

it could be anything from the fuse, blower relay, blower motor, blower motor resistor, switch or a bad ground. Attached is a print of the circuit. Hope it helps

Last edited by a moderator:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about some Fords is that the connector to the blower motor resistor can over heat and loose a good connection. After that the ground would be next.

jay0555

Reaction score
I've had this same issue. I ordered the blower relay off of amazon. In the process of changing it out I noticed that not only was the relay connector slightly melted, the wire/connector was a well. I am currently searching for the part number of the wiring harness that it is on so I can change out the whole section. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jay0555

OP
OP
H

hertfordnc

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've narrowed it down to the blower.

It comes on occasionally. Those occasions usually include either bumps or switching the selector to "PANEL". So I think the vibration or the airflow gets the motor moving and then it works until I shut the truck off.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Possible loose connection in the motor but doubt it. Check it with a dvm or hot wire it to test.