2003 Expedition 07 Front End Conversion - Raptor Look-a-like

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

sbveenker

Reaction score
That looks awesome, I'm starting my own project too, do you happened to have a picture of the brackets for the headlights?
Also, did you had to cut the frame at all to fit the bumper?

No I didn't have to cut the frame at all. While I was rebuilding the front end I had to leave out the 2003 plastic headlight support that goes all the way across the front in front of the radiator because the newer headlights are too tall. You could probably leave it and cut the plastic away till the headlights fit, but in my case it just meant I didn't need to buy another part.

OP
OP
S

sbveenker

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the Raptor headlights would fit with this front end conversion....
Raptor lights would not fit with this conversion. If you compare the fenders the cut outs for the headlights are different and they also wouldn't line up right with the new bumper.

Reaction score
No I didn't have to cut the frame at all. While I was rebuilding the front end I had to leave out the 2003 plastic headlight support that goes all the way across the front in front of the radiator because the newer headlights are too tall. You could probably leave it and cut the plastic away till the headlights fit, but in my case it just meant I didn't need to buy another part.

Thanks for the info, ill have 2 options now.
Ill try and do a Raptor conversion, i already have the suspension components, bumper and fenders, im still missing the hood and the grill to start the work.

skillz773

Reaction score
Thinking of changing grille on 08 expedition el to this.

Last edited:

skillz773

Reaction score
So I started this project back in October. I thought it would be cool to have an expedition that looked like a raptor so I set out to find a wrecked expedition. First I set out to repair the front end damage. As I rebuilt it I used parts for a 2007 & newer expedition. They required a few custom brackets for the lights and grille to mount but amazingly things fit pretty well. Next, I had all the trim and new parts painted white because I love the clean matching color. Next, I put on a leveling kit that lifted the front 3.5" and the back 2". I found some nice wheels off of ebay and had a neighbor that was getting rid of his barely used tires. Next I wanted to add some things that would give it a raptor type look. I started with lights including the little led running lights front and back (grille lights still to come), then I started on the grille. I bought a black mesh grille for a starting point and then designed the raptor letters to fit the smaller expedition grille. Once the sizing was decided I cut them out on our CNC milling machine at work, then mounted them to the mesh grille. There are still a few things left, like fog lights and little things here and there, but I thought i'd share what i've done so far.
Where did you get grille from and what kind is it?

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First time seeing this... great job this thing looks sick! (I just saw it on the suspension forum towing your snowmobiles and was confused so I found this thread lol)

Otters07

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Awesome! Did the same thing to my FX4 F-150 and was thinking of doing it to the Expy as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1