2003 Ford Expedition Fuel Pump Relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jakejbyrd

Reaction score
I have a 2003 Ford Expedition that stopped running. I could tell it was a fuel issue as it would crank but not start. My original thought was fuel pump. I ran voltage straight to pump and it ran and the truck started. So I removed the fuse panel and found the relay was bad. I replace relay, put everything back together and the truck started and ran for about 15 miles. Then truck repeated same issue. The problem is I'm not getting an error code so it's hard to troubleshoot. Any suggestions on where to go next? New relay looks good, as I did remove panel again to take a look.

riphip

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The relay burns from the back of the board where it mounts (soldered). You have to pull the Fuse Box & split the boards to see this. Do a search in upper right for 'fuel pump relay' & there is a lot of info & pictures

OP
OP
J

jakejbyrd

Reaction score
I did all that. Seems to be something causing the relay to go bad as I have put in 2 relays and getting same issue.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's the original fuel pump it can be drawing so many amps it's frying the relay. Are you able to measure the amp load when you jump the fuel pump ? A new fuel pump will probably help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire