2003 expedtion outer side panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wcm7823

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my outer side panels are heavily oxidized. thinking of plastidiping them white with a couple of coats of glossifier (hopefully they will match the rest of the truck) but how do i get the panels off. im assuming there are some kind of clips but hell if i can find them? any ideas

OP
OP
wcm7823

wcm7823

Full Access Members
Reaction score
by side panels i meant body moulding couldnt think of the name for it

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
46142-albums688-picture4241t.jpg

No need to take them off if you are going to Plasti dip them

boobie33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup. I just dipped mine while they were on. And peeled the over spray off after it cured for about an hour. Then buffed the area of the door the over spray got onto.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

OP
OP
wcm7823

wcm7823

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am wanting to spray my panels grey as a basecoat, then a couple of coats of white, followed by a couple of coats of glossifer. i wonder how close it would match the factory white of my expedition. or should i just go with another color

DFendersExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i am wanting to spray my panels grey as a basecoat, then a couple of coats of white, followed by a couple of coats of glossifer. i wonder how close it would match the factory white of my expedition. or should i just go with another color

Expy White is a different shade from Plasti dip White.... You can do a test first if you dont like you can just peel it off