2003 Expy Billet Grill Install, headlights and trim to come

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to Starr this as my build thread.

Bought a Still bullet grill new off Craig's for $40. Went through the install and quite the pain. Directions sucked. Eventually I figured out you have to use the original trim and bolt in the brackets to the frame of the car.

Next I'm going to dip all the tan trim and dip the chrome background of the headlights

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1375916189813.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375916189813.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 197
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375916205216.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375916205216.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 184
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375916222221.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375916222221.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 191
  • uploadfromtaptalk1375916246290.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1375916246290.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 251

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice!!
How long/hard was it to remove and then reinstall the bumper cover? Are there many screws?
I manage to crack mine last winter and plan on changing it at some point.

OP
OP
R

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice!!
How long/hard was it to remove and then reinstall the bumper cover? Are there many screws?
I manage to crack mine last winter and plan on changing it at some point.

very easy. There are two screws under the hood near the grill. Two under either fender and two near each fender well. Takes about 10 minutes to remove. Just look up a guide on how to install a grill and it'll tell you how to remove it. :signs1:

bertro

Full Access Members
Reaction score
very easy. There are two screws under the hood near the grill. Two under either fender and two near each fender well. Takes about 10 minutes to remove. Just look up a guide on how to install a grill and it'll tell you how to remove it. :signs1:

Wow, thanks man! I asked a garage for a quote and they quoted like 3 hours of work. Good thing I didn't accept! :)

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the problem is if u try to install the bottom grille...there nothing to attach it to down there so u have to weld it to the frame

Team Zombie

Reaction score
nice pics though i have one question... what does that deer keep in his rib suitcase? :)

OP
OP
R

rock3ralex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow, thanks man! I asked a garage for a quote and they quoted like 3 hours of work. Good thing I didn't accept! :)

Just dive into it! You can do it. I was hesitant at first, but the feeling of accomplishment is awesome!

the problem is if u try to install the bottom grille...there nothing to attach it to down there so u have to weld it to the frame

I noticed that as well that the lower is part of the bumper cover. Don't the lowers come with mounting brackets that you have to drill though?

nice pics though i have one question... what does that deer keep in his rib suitcase? :)

Foam to shoot arrows with!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that as well that the lower is part of the bumper cover. Don't the lowers come with mounting brackets that you have to drill though?

no not to drill through...the only way is to have it welded to frame when pumper is off...any other option im not aware off...

Team Zombie

Reaction score
the previous owner of my ex had kindly messed up the grille.... i think. Because I didn't have to remove the bumper or lights to get mine off. Only the two top pieces that click into the truck (the driver's side one doesn't even click in well), and some "shims" surrounding the edge were there... slides out easy... maybe too easy.

I've heard people saying there were clips surrounding the grille but there were none on mine ?? Hopefully it won't be a problem when I go to put my aftermarket grille on.