I realllllly want to love the truck, but man is this thing glitchy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
CorvetteGuy88

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Going in tomorrow to have the trailer brake light system looked at by the Ford regional engineer. Also sending the larger list of issues I've had, which continue. If unresolved after this event I'll be moving forward with the buyback process.

OP
OP
CorvetteGuy88

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Trailer light is finally resolved, and the headliner rattle near the sunroof was addressed. I've also been told that a senior engineer diagnosed my glitches with the mirrors / windows / running boards as the wrong sw being loaded. We'll see. That leaves me with the intermittent headlights coming on when car is off as the main glitch, which it sounds like is being addressed with an upgraded switch soon.

Of course, I couldn't come away from this visit unscathed... got in the car and the retractable console panel over the wireless charging pad stopped retracting / mechanism failed. Something for the dealer to do at the oil change appt next month. This things really making me appreciate the reliability and build quality of my 2015 90k mile BMW diesel

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trailer light is finally resolved, and the headliner rattle near the sunroof was addressed. I've also been told that a senior engineer diagnosed my glitches with the mirrors / windows / running boards as the wrong sw being loaded. We'll see. That leaves me with the intermittent headlights coming on when car is off as the main glitch, which it sounds like is being addressed with an upgraded switch soon.

Of course, I couldn't come away from this visit unscathed... got in the car and the retractable console panel over the wireless charging pad stopped retracting / mechanism failed. Something for the dealer to do at the oil change appt next month. This things really making me appreciate the reliability and build quality of my 2015 90k mile BMW diesel
What was the resolution to the trailer lights issue?

RacerBX1

Reaction score

CorvetteGuy88,

Do you know what the resolution was for the roof rattle? I will take my 2023 in for that shortly and it would be great to point the dealership in the right direction.

Thanks,
Jeff

OP
OP
CorvetteGuy88

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
The trailer light wiring was pinned wrong from the factory- seems like a freak thing, because I didn't find any posts about it on any expedition or f-150 forums. The only issue I saw was trailers with LED lights sometimes don't pull enough resistance so truck will think a bulb is out. That wasn't my issue.

The roof rattle was broken clips in the headliner around the sunroof. Seems like they are a brittle plastic and were snapped during the initial installation at the factory. I marked the location of the rattle with painters tape so they knew exactly where the issue was.

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The trailer light wiring was pinned wrong from the factory- seems like a freak thing, because I didn't find any posts about it on any expedition or f-150 forums. The only issue I saw was trailers with LED lights sometimes don't pull enough resistance so truck will think a bulb is out. That wasn't my issue.

The roof rattle was broken clips in the headliner around the sunroof. Seems like they are a brittle plastic and were snapped during the initial installation at the factory. I marked the location of the rattle with painters tape so they knew exactly where the issue was.
Thanks for the info !

DJ04

Reaction score
I don't have a 4th gen Expy, a 2nd is what I have and it has enough little failures (and large ones) that I really feel for those who have spent "a king's ransom" on a new one. The one I have is perhaps the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned except for a 1973 Jag XJ12L; a great car when it ran. The more electronic gadgets these vehicles have the more can go wrong, some items really serious.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't have a 4th gen Expy, a 2nd is what I have and it has enough little failures (and large ones) that I really feel for those who have spent "a king's ransom" on a new one. The one I have is perhaps the least reliable vehicle I have ever owned except for a 1973 Jag XJ12L; a great car when it ran. The more electronic gadgets these vehicles have the more can go wrong, some items really serious.
Agreed. The more nonsense features means the more modules/Sensors that could fail .

Just give me. radio w/a cassette or cd player, Power windows and locks, a/c, heat and im good.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This stuff is keeping me from buying a new or newer Expy. I have a 2001 94K Miles with exactly three minor problems (apart from paint). ABS module needs rebuild, drivers power window switch broken. And, the rear wiper is disconnected due to parasitic draw and I am planning a delete when repainted.

"The more electronic gadgets these vehicles have the more can go wrong, some items really serious."

Yup.....many of these new systems, the dealers cannot fix because there are so many model variations to understand.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire