I realllllly want to love the truck, but man is this thing glitchy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trailer light is finally resolved, and the headliner rattle near the sunroof was addressed. I've also been told that a senior engineer diagnosed my glitches with the mirrors / windows / running boards as the wrong sw being loaded. We'll see. That leaves me with the intermittent headlights coming on when car is off as the main glitch, which it sounds like is being addressed with an upgraded switch soon.

Of course, I couldn't come away from this visit unscathed... got in the car and the retractable console panel over the wireless charging pad stopped retracting / mechanism failed. Something for the dealer to do at the oil change appt next month. This things really making me appreciate the reliability and build quality of my 2015 90k mile BMW diesel
Now that’s a statement.
When a BMW is considered more reliable? You know you have problems.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Trailer light is finally resolved, and the headliner rattle near the sunroof was addressed. I've also been told that a senior engineer diagnosed my glitches with the mirrors / windows / running boards as the wrong sw being loaded. We'll see. That leaves me with the intermittent headlights coming on when car is off as the main glitch, which it sounds like is being addressed with an upgraded switch soon.

Of course, I couldn't come away from this visit unscathed... got in the car and the retractable console panel over the wireless charging pad stopped retracting / mechanism failed. Something for the dealer to do at the oil change appt next month. This things really making me appreciate the reliability and build quality of my 2015 90k mile BMW diesel

Glad to hear most of the problems resolved! The tiny mechanism fail shouldn't be hard to fix. Reminds me of when I was at the dealer and the passenger side upper storage compartment wouldn't close. The sales person seemed kind of embarrassed showing a potential customer a car line that, but assured us they check and fix all these problems before it leaves their lot.

OP
OP
CorvetteGuy88

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Update --- issues continue. 15.5 in display has blue screened twice recently, and on separate occasions has applied max heat (80 degree/ full blower) uncommanded. More troubling, this evening the car displayed a "Steering Assist Fault - Service Required" Message and the power steering stopped working. Icing is a rear hatch glass rattle that sounds like something from a 1994 suburban with 300k miles. We notified the dealer we want to pursue a buyback under Wisconsin lemon law. Painful after waiting nearly 8 months for this thing. Ugh

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glitch as f***

Random reboots of the main screen
Lost features like off road view ramdomy
Stuck on seat belt screen
Auto window down loses calibration
Hatch won't open with button when locked

Ford software department needs to be gutted and replaced

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone get the "double-down" speedo glitch readings yet? When you are actually going 40mph but the speedo says your only doing 20?

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a glitchy trailer brake light warning that frequently came on. Changed the trailer brake light to LED and never had trouble again.

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
isplay has blue screened twice recently, and on separate occasions has applied max heat
Update --- issues continue. 15.5 in display has blue screened twice recently, and on separate occasions has applied max heat (80 degree/ full blower) uncommanded. More troubling, this evening the car displayed a "Steering Assist Fault - Service Required" Message and the power steering stopped working. Icing is a rear hatch glass rattle that sounds like something from a 1994 suburban with 300k miles. We notified the dealer we want to pursue a buyback under Wisconsin lemon law. Painful after waiting nearly 8 months for this thing. Ugh
excuse my language. but at this moment, when I read your posts down here, I just want to say, wtf. What's wrong with Ford. Expedition is one of its flagship vehicles.

OP
OP
CorvetteGuy88

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
We replaced with a 2023 MY Platinum Max, and I will say that so far the truck has been pretty much perfect.. no electronics glitches, and no fit/finish issues save the small gap between the instrument binnacle and dash pad that many experience. Will have that addressed on my first service visit. Otherwise, fingers crossed.. Also would say for anyone debating a well-equipped limited trim vs. platinum, the platinum is definitely a big step up in interior quality (leather especially) and the ride with CCD suspension is much better. Blue Cruise, on the other hand, still feels VERY beta.