2003 Six CD changer problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dojogube

Reaction score
I loaded a home made CD into my radio and after it "took" it, I get an error message. Now the entire CD player has malfunctioned and I cant eject any of the CDs. The player will no longer play any CDs. Suggestions??

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah...that happened to me...i've read reviews yrs ago that said that the factory 6 dics changer sucked!!! case in point for this very exact reason...i didnt get my cd out until i disconnected it when i was taking it out with my new aftermarket...bought my 04 brand new and after 3 yrs i had to take it out.

so take from that what you may...good luck

drice6900

Reaction score
I loaded a home made CD into my radio and after it "took" it, I get an error message. Now the entire CD player has malfunctioned and I cant eject any of the CDs. The player will no longer play any CDs. Suggestions??

This just happened to me on my 03, and after an internet search (which found me this excellent site) I found that one method to correct the problem is to reset the entire CD player my disconnecting the positive power at the battery. I did this, waited a few seconds, reconnected the battery and the CD changer ejected the stuck CD and worked perfectly after that.

Good luck!

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wanted to switch anyway...so that was my excuse to my wife...perfect b-day gift.

Racenut

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i wanted to switch anyway...so that was my excuse to my wife...perfect b-day gift.

The pioneer 6 disk changer using the IP Bus system fits perfectly in the same spot in the console, and you can even still use the factory trim. I had to do a little trimming on the trim to get it to fit ( need to make the hole a bit longer ) but with a sharp razor and a lighter to heat the blade, it sliced nicley and looks factory. :D

Attachments

• 0915101900.jpg
    0915101900.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,088

G-Force

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip Drice, I will try that this weekend to see if I can retrieve my 6 CDs. For those of you have installed aftermarket units, will the rear DVD player still work with any head unit or do you have to look for a specific feature?

Last edited: