2007 CD won't eject

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's the basic CD radio with MP3 playing. I've been stuck listening to the same disc of MP3 files for quite a while because attempting to eject it just clicks a bunch and gives me an error message.

barrydu4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had that same problem. It was caused by using a cd I recorded myself and attached a paper label. It could be the label.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Sounds about right for a 16 year old player. They do that. You can take it apart to get the CD out but prepare for a battle with it. Been there with my 2008.

OP
OP
G

Gregg Eshelman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Any how-to's on pulling the radio? Seems I also need to repair or replace the lighter socket that's on the same silver plastic panel. May as well do a two-fer fix.

Any kits out there for installing an aftermarket stereo that works with the subwoofer in the back?

JimR_TN

Reaction score
Any how-to's on pulling the radio? Seems I also need to repair or replace the lighter socket that's on the same silver plastic panel. May as well do a two-fer fix.

Any kits out there for installing an aftermarket stereo that works with the subwoofer in the back?

I just went through that in my 2007.

Good video specifically on the Expedition:

Good video on installing aftermarket stereos:

I used the Metra 95-5812 kit with Metra 70-5520 wiring harness and Metra 40-CR10 antenna adapter. It really wasn't that bad except that there is no switched power in the harness. Took me a while to figure that out. You will have to wire that to switched power somewhere else or there may be a kit that handles that. The Metra XSVI-5520 *might* take care of that power issue, however I discovered it after I did the install.

I also installed a backup cam with the stereo upgrade which wasn't too bad.

Jachniw

Reaction score
Who plays CD's anymore? :)

Once you see that video, you'll realize how easy it is to pull the radio. Just get yourself a set of those plastic trim tools.

My 2008 had the basic stock radio/CD player when I bought it (used). Ended up finding the upgraded version with GPS on EBay for ~$125. Only had to add the GPS antenna (from Amazon) and I was good to go.

Still not a great audio system, but a bit more modern looking and has the GPS functionality.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360