2004 EB 5.4 Coolant Temperature Sensor location?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All u can do is change the thermostat with a hp thermo

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thermostat with hp thermo??
High performance thermostat...i have a JET high performance thermostat...190 degrees... longtime member who's not on here swore it made his trick run cooler...i need to install it

OP
OP
R

Riphuero

Reaction score
High performance thermostat...i have a JET high performance thermostat...190 degrees... longtime member who's not on here swore it made his trick run cooler...i need to install it

I think the one I installed was at 192 degrees.

stepheniegonzalez

Reaction score
In regards to the location…. Depending on when the vehicle was made will determine if you have a 2v or 3v motor…. For instance my expedition was made in 1/2004 it has a 2v motor and the ect/cht is right behind the thermostat in the engine block( you need to remove the alternator and bracket to access) the 3v motor I believe was introduced in March of 2004 (the sensor is under the intake manifold about 6-8 inches from the firewall) some say you need to remove intake to get to it and some use a long ratcheting wrench to remove and install new one…. Hope this helps someone