2004 expedition transmission troubles...i need help plz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ttyree1979

Reaction score
i have a 2004 eddie bauwer edition explorer 4x4...the issue i am have is since i bought it back in december...bought it off of a dealership and drove perfect the first day....day 2..went to xmas which was almost 4 hours away...on the way i noticed that when it shifted from 2nd to 3rd it was a little delayed.nothing major...on the way back almost home it tooo very long to shift,kicked out of gear and slammed into 3rd. called dealership and of course they wouldnt help me or even look at it.. so i kept driving it...it does a long shift into 3rd and then short shifts to 4th sometimes....but usually its 2nd ....but it also doesnt do it all the time....it is very hard to diagnose and since i paid cash for expedition i dont have any left to rebuild a tranny...i had a 2001 and loved it....bout this one cuz it only has 140k on it and seemed in great shape....even went ahead and bout my lift kit but now i have to use the money for it and the tires for the tranny....i will take any help...
thanks for reading.

Plati

Reaction score
did you check the fluid?
.... on your EXPLORER

Last edited: