2005 Eddie Bauer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlexExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Code 0345 - camshaft position sensor bank a circuit, bank 2.
Code 0340 - camshaft position sensor circuit malfunction.

So my guess is the cam phaser on the passenger side

Did you replace the sensor itself yet?

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm calling the company that did the work today to see, but when I bought it the dealer said they have a 1 year warranty on it.

The place that did the work replaced....
timing sensor arm - 2
Timinig Guide - 2
Crankshaft front seal - 1
Camshaft sensor - 2
ht1/spark plug - 8
valve cover gasket sets - 1
motor oil - 6
timing chain - 2
oil filter - 1

AlexExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I hope they used OEM CAM sensors, if they didn't electronics thta made in China just sucks.

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well they said they would warranty the work. On their invoice it shows the camshaft sensor as being 206.57 a piece. Now its just a matter of getting them to call me back to take it up there. Keep calling and the owner keeps saying he will give Jay (the tech) the message.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They finally worked on it...they changed EVERYTHING but the tensioners and of course thats what let go. So even though they had to open the engine up to find out if something they did was broke....it sounded like they still wanted to charge up the full amount for labor. Im hoping they work with us as they were SUPPOSE to call before they did anything that wasn't covered under their warranty.
Guess we will find out monday when they actually drive it and figure everything out. When they did everything they charged $700 for labor

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thats how I feel too including they "thought" it was just the sensors....Then I called because I hadn't heard anything in 2 days and all the sudden the tensioner was the thing that was bad and they were suppose to call before they fixed anything NOT under their warranty.
His excuse was if we would of taken it to a different shop they would of just charged more since they already had it disassembled. I would of told them to put it back together and then fixed it my self if I would of known the problem. So the way I see it is, they HAD to go back into the engine because the sensors weren't the problem...so since labor was covered, I WOULD say and the point I will argue is that they had to go back into the engine anyways so I will cover the labor time for taken off the tensioner and putting the new one(s) back on. That's my thought since if it wasn't the tensioner and was something else they "fixed" everything would of been covered. He is "suppose" to call today to tell me about everything but I doubt he does as I have been having to call him about it.

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it works out for you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thanks, so do we. Not a good start for our live with the expedition lol, but now maybe it will get better than 13-14mpg on the highway. Also can't wait to get it back and do the gotts mod. I think that, maybe a new muffler to open up the exhaust and tint for the front windows is about all we are going to do. Might have to talk her into HID's like our car, or I will just swap them out if we ever sell the car or it goes to our kids.

OP
OP
B

BrandonH13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is getting ridiculous at this point. They put on the tensioners, then they put it all back together and they drove it monday apparently...ran good until it got warm and then started acting up the same way. So without letting us know the shop takes it to our local ford dealer because he can't figure out what is wrong with it. Drives it up there and they say nothing is wrong...The guy told them to wait a bit, shut it off and turn it back on. Upon doing so it starts making the rattle, they turn it off suddenly and tow it to the "engine guy" because they didn't want to make anything worse then what it could already be. So now we are paying for the tensioners (150) and half labor at a half rate ($50 an hour) to a total of $400 and thats before its even fixed.
He said if ford comes back and says its something the shop did, then they will cover the repairs and if it comes to it buy a engine for it...if its something the shop didn't do then the owner is "suppose" to call and let us know what it is and if we want to fix it or not

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker