2005 Expedition Common Issues?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998Expo2WD

Reaction score
My friend is selling his 2005 Expedition, which has had some issues:

• Suspension failed. Had to get it all replaced. Didn't convert to spring coils. Dealer fixed & warrantied.
  • Hubcaps stolen. This caused tires to leak or make false signals (dashboard lights) that the air is low in the tires.
It only has about 75,000 miles though. So I'm thinking these problems are worth overlooking as the engine still should be okay. Are there any other common issues with the 2005 Expedition of which I should be aware?

Do you think it is still worth buying?

autoarcheologist

Reaction score
If it has the 3V Triton V8 the spark plugs like to break when you try to change them. It can get expensive so be warned.

If the suspension was recently replaced I wouldn't worry about it. Same with TPMS sensors, you can replace them if you want for about $200 or live with the light

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's a good buy just ask if he had the plugs changed. If not, better do it now while there's a lesser chance of breaking.

John Christopher

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would check the rocker panels and radiator core support for rust. These parts are prone to rust. Also check the hood and deck for lifting paint. That being said if it check out mechanically you may want to buy it. They are good vehicles.

Hugh Janus

Reaction score
My friend is selling his 2005 Expedition, which has had some issues:

• Suspension failed. Had to get it all replaced. Didn't convert to spring coils. Dealer fixed & warrantied.
  • Hubcaps stolen. This caused tires to leak or make false signals (dashboard lights) that the air is low in the tires.
It only has about 75,000 miles though. So I'm thinking these problems are worth overlooking as the engine still should be okay. Are there any other common issues with the 2005 Expedition of which I should be aware?

Do you think it is still worth buying?
What do you mean "didn't convert to coils"?

I dont know what he's asking, but 75K miles is just broke in.