2005 Expedition Eddie Bauer Bed rear End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recently acquire 2005 Eddie bauer. Notice the rear spring is very bouncy compare to my F150 super crew considering it is on leaf spring. Is there anything you can recommend on how can I make it more comfortable. Any recommendation on after market springs and shocks for my EB.
Thanks in advance!

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Probably just needs the coil overs replaced. We just did the fronts on a 2004 and we did not have strong enough spring compressors to replace just the shock. We ended up doing the entire coil over. More money, but worth avoiding the extra trouble and possibility of killing a neighbor... Monroe makes good suspension, KYB is good, I run Rancho's in mine, but they are more of an off road shock (sort of bouncy).

OP
OP
larshell

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FordandPolaris, Thank you very much for the info. I will ask nearest shop for Monroe and KYB.

OP
OP
larshell

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Eihback springs and shocks Feed back please....

Has anyone here have tried using Eichback springs and shocks for Gen2 Expedition? I need to replace mine. Just found out that my shocks is dead and need to replace. Need your feedback please. Thanks!

OP
OP
larshell

larshell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just for update. Bought belstein shocks 4600 series it improves the ridw but not yet happy. I guess I need to replace the springs aswell.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for update. Bought belstein shocks 4600 series it improves the ridw but not yet happy. I guess I need to replace the springs aswell.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I know that a lot of the guys don't like them but mine has factory air suspension. It is firm and I like the ride. Stiffer springs will probably help.