2005 Expy No start in Morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

halo16

Reaction score
Ok got a strange problem,

My car will not start in the morning for past 2 days it has only been in the low mid 40”s with plenty of moisture.

When I turn the key nothing happens except a click from fuse box.

Radio lights all still work fine. Once it warms up it has started so far with no issue.

Any Ideas what to trouble shoot?

OP
OP
H

halo16

Reaction score
FYI-In Case someone else has this issue.

Some of the suggestions have been to check the Anti theft light to see if it blinks or stays on, hinting a may be the key.

2nd suggestion is the ECM may be going bad and to leave key on for 15-20 minutes then try and start, if does the ECM is probably bad.

I had the FPDM and Fuel Relay replaced in October 2015, so this issue is a new one. And may be time to think about selling, super frustrated! Only 73,000 miles too, My 1999 Expy was so much better!

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would check the wiring from the battery to the starter and everything in-between for any signs of corrosion and also for tightness.

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams?

when you have a no start condition Dose the starter kick over or nothing?

OP
OP
H

halo16

Reaction score
I would check the wiring from the battery to the starter and everything in-between for any signs of corrosion and also for tightness.

Can you read and understand wiring diagrams?

when you have a no start condition Dose the starter kick over or nothing?

I can read some but armature regarding diagrams. To check the wiring was another suggestion I was told to.

It does not kick over, it is silent other than a click in the fuse box I can hear and I hear that as normal.

It's confusing cause it has just been in the morning so far when there is moisture, but no idea if that has anything to do with it.

Thanks

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you check fuse #101 in the fuse box behind the kick panel The fuse should have 12 Volts at all times Use a volt meter or test lamp don't pull it and just look at it.
Get the input and output voltage

You say you hear the relay clicking.

Have you replaced the starter relay in the fuse block?

Read this if your unsure as to how to test a fuse
http://www.expeditionforum.com/200023-post1.html

OP
OP
H

halo16

Reaction score
Has any work been done on the fuse block before you had this problem?

Yes... the Fuel Relay was replaced in October 2015. so the fuse box was pulled out and reinstalled, since the fuel relay was replaced no issues until the no start issue in morning a few days ago, then been starting in afternoon.

OP
OP
H

halo16

Reaction score
Can you check fuse #101 in the fuse box behind the kick panel The fuse should have 12 Volts at all times Use a volt meter or test lamp don't pull it and just look at it.
Get the input and output voltage

You say you hear the relay clicking.

Have you replaced the starter relay in the fuse block?

Read this if your unsure as to how to test a fuse
http://www.expeditionforum.com/200023-post1.html

I have not replaced the starter relay. I will have to check fuse 101 and report back.

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since the fuse box has been removed it may help to check the connections that plug into it. Make sure they are seated correctly and not backing out.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
the_plugger