2005 ford expedition not starting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zamoraji2002

Reaction score
2005 ford expedition not starting.
When you turn the key you didnt get a start or a clicking noise.
I replaced the starter, we connected the battery again and it sounded like the starter started without the key on. We disconnected the battery and when i connected the battery again I am getting a big spark from the battery terminal.

jt_armstrong

Reaction score
Did you have to recharge the battery before fitting it? It sounds like you have a heavy short which is why your getting a large spark when the battery is reconnected. Might be that the problem is a cable with bad insulation rather than the starter.

Gruz7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it an unprogrammed key? I work part time as a locksmith and an 05 Expedition has the computer chip in the head of the key that needs to be programmed to the truck in order to start the engine. Usually if it's a new key or a key without the black top over the head of the key it will not start the engine and you'll need to call a locksmith to get the key programmed. Could very possibly be a completely different issue but I'm just giving you a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lithiatwats

Reaction score
Always disconnect neg first and reconnect last on battery. Don't want to short a cell or f-up your battery. If it was starting without key being on sounds like a polarity issue on your starter...