2005 remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KA1279

Reaction score
I recently bought a used 2005 expy Eddie Bauer with a remote start. I didn't buy it from the original owner. Apparently the remote start was programmed to work with the original key fob, but I can't figure out how to get it to work. None of the following have worked: double pressing any button, long press of any button or double pressing any 2 buttons at the same time. Any one else have a set up like this and can tell me how to remote start my truck?

red-russian1

Reaction score
On our '05, we have to unlock, lock and then long press the blue start button. Very finicky too cuz it sets off the alarm half the time.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of the remote?
On my 2003 OEM remote ... long press blue button
which is tricky since almost all the blue has worn off
IMG_2135.JPG

also, batteries go bad & need replacing

Aspen03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it was an aftermarket system like Viper or Compustar its usually either Lock, Unlock, Lock and hold that 3rd press until it starts or you see some sort of status change like lights flash. If not try the same but with lock 3x. I always programmed them the other way for people because everyone seems to press lock a half dozen times to secure their vehicle and then end up starting it.

Pic of the remote and the antenna on the windshield would help narrow down what it is. If you're flexible enough stuck your head up under the dash, look for something that looks less than factory, usually a black rectangular or square box, or both if a keywrap has been used. They will have a couple harnesses coming out of it, one will have pretty heavy wire, likely 10ga leading to the ignition switch connector in the column. If you find that snap the best picture you can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1